Thursday, March 19, 2009

Fargo Flood 2009








Here we go again. Flood 2009. Today they made the prediction that we have a 50/50 chance of the Red River hitting 40 feet. All this is happening 2 weeks earlier than anyone expected. If you look at the picture of what looks like a ruler. It is marked with the level of the last 3 floods and the years. The other pictures which I took on March 14 show the falls and the surrounding area. I took these pictures where we refer to as the dike. The dike is built to protect to 41 foot flood stage. You can see the dike behind the big measuring stick. The pictures of the river show where the river flows over the dam. I have taken pictures everyday of the river since the 14th. I will be taking pictures everyday of the river until the flood is over. I will continue to post pictures everyday as I take them and the river continues to rise and recede. Today, the city of Fargo has begun to close roads that are close to the river. They will begin to build dikes on these roads to protect the city from the rising river. More posts to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment